Friday, November 30, 2007

More from Harford County

Just want to add my two cents... Maurice covered most of the key points in his recent post.

I thought it was so exciting to watch the staff blogs evolve and grow. Naturally, there were some folks who simply used their blogs for the project and that was it. But, there were many staff who continued to blog and really used the technology to participate in the blogosphere!

Prior to our staff day, I touched every "completer" blog and I'm so glad I did because I discovered so many thoughtful posts about the 23 Things and the significance of what staff learned. There were, truly, only a handful of folks who wrote negatively about the process. Instead, the vast majority appreciated this opportunity to learn the language and essence of Web 2.0.

Additionally, we are already seeing have a number of staff-based wiki's developing and a system-wide Del.icio.us site.

Last of all, I'd like to thank Nini Beegan for her efforts in making 23 Things really happen in Maryland. This was a very successful project and I look forward to the "next big thing." :-)

No comments: